Thanks for Downloading Birder's Diary v5.1
The World's Premier Listing Software for Birders and Naturalists!
- Internet Explorer - you should now be prompted to Save or Run the installer at the bottom of your browser window. Choose Run.
- Google Chrome - you should have a button on the lower left of your browser window labelled "BDVxx-nwsetup.exe". Click the button to run the installer.
- Firefox - you can press Ctrl+J in your Browser to show the Download manager. In that manager you should see "BDVxx-nwsetup.exe". Click it to run the installer.
If you don't find your download, please click here to download the installer again.
Please see instructions here for downloading and running the Birder's Diary Installer on various browsers.
Windows 10 - APPLICATION REQUIRES ADMINISTRATOR RIGHTS TO OVERWRITE SOME OF THE OLE FILES
If you are running Windows 10, recent updates with Windows 10 in the fall of 2017 have caused the Birder's Diary installation to produce the following messages from Windows 10 when run.
"ADMINISTRATOR RIGHTS REQUIRED"
"APPLICATION REQUIRES ADMINISTRATOR RIGHTS TO OVERWRITE SOME OF THE OLE FILES. PLEASE LOGON WITH AN ACCOUNT THAT HAS ADMINISTRATOR PRIVILEGES AND RERUN THE INSTALLATION"
In order to work around this, please do the following:
- Open Windows Explorer (aka File Explorer, My Computer, etc.)
- Browse to the location where the Birder's Diary installation file (BDV51-nwsetup.exe) was downloaded. This is usually your /Downloads directory unless you have configured your browser to store your downloads elsewhere.
- Locate the Birder's Diary installation file (BDV51-nwsetup.exe) and right-click on it to get a context popup menu.
- In the popup menu choose Run as administrator
- Now the installation will run normally.
If this fails to resolve your problem, please send email to email@example.com and give as much detail as possible as to what is happening, what you have tried, and what happens.
If you are new to Birder's Diary
- Be sure to go through the Quick Start Guide (Help | Quick Start Guide) as one of your first tasks. It will help you get up to speed quickly.
- If you need support, be sure to search the forums first, as many issues/questions have already been encountered before. If you don't find your issue or question then please post a new topic in the appropriate forum and you will receive prompt assistance. See instructions on using the forums here.
- For help on activating your licenses, click here.