On or about the first of August, 2015, AviSys created by Jerry Blinn closed its business.
Birder's Diary is an advanced replacement for AviSys users. The latest version of Birder's Diary comes complete with an AviSys conversion tool that will move all of your sightings, trip and location data into Birder's Diary with zero loss. You can use this conversion tool with the fully functional 30-day demo and be completely converted within 15-20 minutes after installing Birder's Diary. Afterwards, if you purchase, all you need to do is activate your license. You don't lose any changes you make during the demo period and there is nothing more to install!
Many AviSys users have moved to Birder's Diary over the years, very many since August 1st. Here is what some are saying:
- "As a long-time user of Avisys, I developed the need for a more comprehensive birding software program and chose Birder's Dairy. Birder's Diary greatly expands my ability to enter a variety of data and has extensive capabilities. I am completely satisfied with Birder's Diary and converting from Avisys was long overdue. I would highly recommend Birder's Diary to first time users or anyone looking to upgrade their current software - you'll never look back." - Angelo Dattilo, IN, USA
- "Thanks so much - I'm just realizing how useful this program is! So much more so than AviSys - thanks again for the help!" Mike H, Idaho, USA
- "I have been using the free download for a couple of weeks to learn about the program. I love it, and will be purchasing the advanced user, plus world birds, odonata, moths, and butterflies, and importing data from Avisys where I was a long-time user." - Paul Bedell, USA
Once Birder's Diary is installed:
- Start Birder's Diary
- Click on File > Import from other programs > Import from AviSys
- When the "Import Sightings from AviSys" window opens, click on the Help button for step-by-step instructions for moving your data from AviSys to Birder's Diary. You will be done in minutes.
- Be sure to take the time to go through the Quick Start Guide (Help > Quick Start Guide) as it will ease the transition and understanding from AviSys to Birder's Diary.
If you have any questions or require any assistance please check the forums for similar issues, post a new topic in the forums, or feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org.