Allowing Diary Technical Support access to your computer over the internet is fast, easy and the most reliable way to solve many technical issues you may be having with Birder's Diary. Simply follow the instructions below and within seconds Diary Technical Support can be on your system and assisting you with your problems.
Important: Online Desktop Sharing Support is by appointment only! Before you initiate Desktop Sharing below, post a new issue in the Online Forums. If the problem cannot be resolved there, Diary Support will recommend using this tool. A time for the desktop sharing session will be agreed upon between yourself and support and then you should come back here to initiate it by following the instructions below.
NOTE: If you have version 5.0 Build 43 or later of Birder's Diary installed, this functionality is built into the program. Please initiate Desktop Sharing by running Birder's Diary and choosing Help | Internet: Invite Support onto your System. Else see the instructions below this.
Use these instructions if you are not using version 5.0 Build 43 or later, or if Birder's Diary is not working.
- Download Birder's Diary Desktop Sharing by clicking on the button below.
Download Desktop Sharing Program
- Run the Desktop Sharing Program
- On Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge, you will be prompted to Run or Save. Choose Run.
- On Google Chrome, click the small button on the lower left of the browser window.
- On FireFox, click the download arrow on the upper right of the browser window.
- Within a few seconds, Birder's Diary Desktop Sharing will run.
Important: You may be prompted to allow it to run by Windows UAC or your Anti-virus software (the name of the program will be TeamViewer) - be sure to allow this to run.
- You will be prompted to allow Support onto your machine via a popup window. Please ALLOW.