Birder’s Diary Licenses
When you purchase Birder’s Diary you are presented with a copy of your invoice at the end of your purchase and, a copy is e-Mailed to the e-Mail address that you specified.
On this invoice you will find a License ID and a License Activation Password for each item purchased at the Online Store. Optionally, for older taxonomic lists you may also have an Installation Password.
You must be connected to the internet.
This is any license for a version of Birder’s Diary such as V5.0, V5.1, V5.2 and so on. Not a license for a Taxonomic List.
- Exit Birder’s Diary if running.
- Start Birder’s Diary by right-clicking on the Desktop Icon for Birder’s Diary and choosing ‘run as admin’.
- Once Birder’s Diary has completed startup, choose Help | LICENSING: Information and Activation from the main menu.
- The License Info window will appear.
- Click the Activate License button.
- You will be prompted for the License ID and Password from your Invoice. Enter that information and click OK.
- Your program/user license is now activated for the version of Birder’s Diary it is intended for.
This is for any Taxonomic List License.
After running the downloaded installer for any Birder’s Diary taxonomic list, open Birder’s Diary and you will be prompted to Auto-Import the downloaded taxonomic list(s).
During this process, you will be prompted to enter your License ID and Password for this taxonomy.
Otherwise, if you missed providing the license during Auto-Import, follow the procedures above for your program user license.