Cinnamon Hummingbird

Welcome to the Birder's Diary Forum for Support And General Questions

Use the Support forum for all questions or issues.
Use the Wish List forum to leave your ideas for improving Birder’s Diary.
Setup your Forum photo and profile here.

3035 error

Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] 3035 error

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@magmatic)
Estimable Member

I guess I hit Add Sighting after typing some comments. Attaching the error.

BD error

5 Replies
Jeff
 Jeff
Admin
(@jeff)
Creator & Technical Support

Hi David,

Wow. "System Resources Exceeded". Out of memory? Disk space? 

Can you repeat? 

Jeff
 Jeff
Admin
(@jeff)

Hi David,

I thought this sounded familiar. 

You had this in June 2021. See here. You have not reported it again until now.

I suspect the error is exactly what it says: you are running low on some system resource such as memory or disk space.

Please let me know if it continues or if you can reproduce this in any way.

Topic starter
(@magmatic)
Estimable Member

Yes, it does happen. Then I rebooted, and it still happened. It happens when I enter spuh Passerid sp. It does not happen with a regular species, and it does not happen with some other spuh like Heron sp. It still registers the entry, however.

Jeff
 Jeff
Admin
(@jeff)

Wow! That is strange.

David, I would definitely need to get onto your computer over the internet to have a look at this. And I would need to run some diagnostics from Microsoft while this occurs, to see exactly what it is complaining about. 

You have plenty of free disk space? Your memory?

Let me know if we can arrange some time for me to get onto your computer please. You can email me at jeff@birdersdiary.com.

Thanks

Jeff
 Jeff
Admin
(@jeff)

UPDATE: David let me onto his computer today. I was sure this was a system resources problem; but I was wrong. This was a bug with BD under very rare circumstances that can be reproduced when entering sightings for user-defined Things in a taxonomic list such as "Passerid Sp" that represents hundreds/thousands of species and subspecies.

When the query was built to retrieve all the species/subspecies represented by this Order-Level Thing, it exhausted the SQL limit for Query length. If the Thing was a Family-Level Thing (such as "Heron Sp.") that only represented dozens of things, then this likely would never occur. And this was the case in David's database.

This has been resolved, hopefully in all places, in Build 6. To be released soon.

In David's case, we were able to make the error go away when he set the Not Countable checkbox on his "Passerid Sp." Thing in the Taxonomy Viewer. This prevented the "Check for Lifer" test in Sightings Entry from happening, which accumulated the list of Things and overflowed the SQL text limit.

I will release Build 6 after I have had a chance to do more testing and make sure this is fixed in all places I can find.

Share: