Cinnamon Hummingbird

Welcome to the Birder's Diary Forum for Support And General Questions

Use the Support forum for all questions or issues.
Use the Wish List forum to leave your ideas for improving Birder’s Diary.
Setup your Forum photo and profile here.

BD ABA 2021 Checkli...

Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] BD ABA 2021 Checklist Anomalies

Topic starter
(@aldeboro)
Eminent Member

Greetings

I downloaded the BD ABA 2021 Taxonomy and found the following anomalies.

ABA 2021 Official Checklist - 1123

BD ABA 2021 Checklist  -1118

The BD ABA 2021 Taxonomy list is OK (1123). Species below need a home (Location) in the ABA area. The locations below were listed in the ABA acceptance records.

Action: Add Washington to locations for Northern Giant Petrel - 1119

Action: Add Alaska to locations for Palla's Grasshopper-Warbler - 1120

Optional: Labrador Duck, Laysan Rail, Great Auk are extinct. They are listed in the official ABA checklist but not in the BD ABA checklist. Those three would make the count 1123 to agree with the ABA totals.

Also, interesting that you added a bunch of extinct species to the BD ABA 2021 checklist which you purposely omitted in the prior BD ABA 2020 checklist.

Fix your list.

Regards Al Borodayko

Cypress, CA

4 Replies
(@aldeboro)

Eminent Member

Greetings again,

You pulled a fast one on me. When I downloaded the BD ABA 2021 Taxonomy list, I was using BD v5.2.51. The prior message anomalies were associated with the results from that version.

I since found that you had updated to V5.2.52 so I reviewed the checklist again and found that 28 extinct species had dropped off. Those were the same 28 species that were not listed in the BD ABA 2020 checklist. So, here is my revised analysis.

ABA 2021 Official Checklist - 1123

BD ABA 2021 Checklist  - 1093 (1093 + the 28 extinct species if counted = 1121). Still two short.

The BD ABA 2021 Taxonomy list is OK (1123). Species below need a home (Location) in the ABA area. The locations below were listed in the ABA acceptance records.

Action: Add Washington to locations for Northern Giant Petrel - 1122

Action: Add Alaska to locations for Palla's Grasshopper-Warbler - 1123

End result,  the required corrections are the same.

Regards Al Borodayko

Cypress, CA

Jeff
 Jeff
Admin
(@jeff)
Creator & Technical Support

Hi Al,

As always, thanks for your sanity test/check on the data. I completely missed the Petrel and Grasshopper-Warbler data. I will update and get a revised kit loaded asap.

In the meantime, import the following file with the instructions below to correct these two mishaps.

1. Download the file above by clicking on it
  2. File | Import/Export... from the main menu 
  3. Choose the Checklists Tab
  4. Follow the numbers below
  5. After clicking on the Import button shown above, choose the file you downloaded in #1 above.

As for "the fast one", honest, there should be no difference between Build 51 and Build 52 where this is concerned. Let me know if you see it again.

Thanks again Al.

Jeff

Jeff
 Jeff
Admin
(@jeff)
Creator & Technical Support

Update: New versions of both the ABA and IOC 2021 taxonomic/checklist kits have been uploaded with these two changes.

fyi

Jeff

Topic starter
(@aldeboro)
Eminent Member

Hello Jeff,

I downloaded, imported and installed the file from your post and all is well. The numbers now agree.

Thanks, Al

Share: