Welcome to the Birder's Diary Forum for Support And General Questions
Use the Support forum for all questions or issues.
Use the Wish List forum to leave your ideas for improving Birder’s Diary.
Use the Community Sharing forum for sharing Photos, Trips, Stories, etc.
Setup your Forum photo and profile here.
[Solved] Cannot import IOC 13.1
I downloaded the file okay (although it seemed small as it downloaded very quickly). I tried to activate it using my annual everything pass. I was told that i had already used all that was allowed (although I don't thing that is true). I went back to the store and bought the upgrade ($49, Invoice #40864987). The invoice did not include the any passwords.
I went back to the store and clicked on purchases. My latest purchase wasn't there, to I clicked on my annual everything pass and proceeded to download IOC 13.1 again. I started Birder's Diary, selected autoimport, and got the message it wasn't recognized as a taxonomy file (although the title was there) and hung up.
Looks like I've screwed everything up. How do I fix this?
So sorry for the confusion. Here are some details that should help.
- Yes - you do have the Annual everything license. That includes access to everything until it expires.
- You do NOT need to activate anything that you download. Not sure where you tried that or why.
- I do see that you purchased the Installation/Upgrade Service for $49 yesterday. I can refund that for you if you don't need it.
- All you needed to do is to go to the Downloads >> Taxonomy Lists page on this site and download the IOC installer, and Run it. It appears you have done this.
- BUT, you must, as per the instructions, upgrade to Build 25 of v6.0 first. This is a simple step wherein you start BD and click on Help | Internet: Check for a program update. Let the update complete, then restart BD and confirm you are running V6.0 (Build 25) in the title bar.
- Now, you can proceed with the auto-import process and all should be just fine.
Let me know please.
Well, damn. Getting old, I guess. I missed the "upgrade to version 25" part. I have done that now, and everything is going just fine.
If it's not too much trouble, please refund my $49. Thank you and sorry to have been a bother.
Fantastic John. I just refunded your purchase. You should have a verification email from PayPal any moment.
Never a bother. Let me know if I can assist with anything else.