Cinnamon Hummingbird

Welcome to the Birder's Diary Forum for Support And General Questions

Use the Support forum for all questions or issues.
Use the Wish List forum to leave your ideas for improving Birder’s Diary.
Setup your Forum photo and profile here.

Clements 2021 - Cha...

Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] Clements 2021 - Chapman's Swift subspecies

Topic starter
(@judyhs)

Hi Jeff,

A found a naming problem after upgrading and reconciling Clements 2021.  After setting the Tax filter for Chapman's Swift and selecting species level, the search (no name specified) results in the wrong common name for the Amazonian subspecies - only the subspecies name is displayed instead of Chapman's Swift viridipennis.

BTW, is entering a Tax filter the only way to see all subspecies of a bird with a name entered in View Sightings Setup?

6 Replies
(@aldeboro)
Eminent Member

Hello Judy,

I find using the Taxonomy List gives all subspecies easily.

BD Clement's Tax List for Chapman's Swift

Regards, Al Borodayko

(@judyhs)

@aldeboro 

Thanks, but I meant from the View/Edit sightings screen.  I include subspecies sometimes when I make entries and would like to see them without using the Tax filter.

Judy

Jeff
 Jeff
Admin
(@jeff)
Creator & Technical Support

Hi Judy,

The problem is with your version of Clements 2021. The first release had some naming issues carried over from the Cornell/Clements download that I did not catch.

I have a new Clements 2021 download now available that fixes all of this. Al B. is the one that first alerted me to this. 

Please download and import the latest Clements 2021 taxonomic list available here.

1. Download the installer for Clements 2021; and RUN it.
  2. Close (if already open) and reopen BD.
  3. You will be prompted to auto-import Clements 2021.
  4. Select Auto-import
  5. Click Begin on the next window to start the import
  6. You will be notified that Clements 2021 already exists. 
    Enter a new name, "Birds - Clements-Cornell - World 2021a", for example, or any name you like.
  7. Now proceed through all the steps as normal. 
  8. When you get to Step #4, specify "Birds - Clements-Cornell - World 2021"; the older of the two.
  9. When you get to Step #5, Reconcile, Reconcile the older 2021 against the newer 2021.
  10. After you are done with Reconcile, which will probably be nothing to do, you are good to go.
  11. Probably best, so you don't get confused, that you remove the older Clements 2021 from your database using Features | Advanced | Remove Unused Taxonomic Lists

That will get you back to square one.

Please update us with your status and let me know if you have any questions.

Jeff
 Jeff
Admin
(@jeff)
Posted by: @judyhs

BTW, is entering a Tax filter the only way to see all subspecies of a bird with a name entered in View Sightings Setup?

No, there is the anonymous checkbox to the right of the name field that does this for you.

You should always leave that box checked. It will remember your last setting.

fyi

Topic starter
(@judyhs)

Jeff,

That fixed the problem and the checkbox after the Name field is exactly what I wanted.

Thanks,

Judy

Jeff
 Jeff
Admin
(@jeff)

Posted by: @judyhs

Jeff,

That fixed the problem and the checkbox after the Name field is exactly what I wanted.

Thanks,

Judy

Thanks for updating us Judy.

Share: