Welcome to the Birder's Diary Forum for Support And General Questions
Use the Support forum for all questions or issues.
Use the Wish List forum to leave your ideas for improving Birder’s Diary.
Use the Community Sharing forum for sharing Photos, Trips, Stories, etc.
Setup your Forum photo and profile here.
[Solved] eBird File Import Error
I had four eBird Lists to import. The first two loaded ok. The third and fourth, I initially received an RTE 401 error. I closed the import window and reopened. I was then able to load the third. The fourth errored with same. I closed BD and reopened. The fourth list was then imported.
Thanks for posting; and as always, thanks for the screenshot.
A couple questions:
- What version of BD are you running?
- Were you using the File | Import/Export window or the "eBird Import File(s) Found" window; shown below.
Let's start here. We've had some similar issues with this in the past that I thought were fixed in the current release (v6.0 Build 34).
Let me know.
Update: Got onto Mike's computer and he had already figured out the unique situation that causes this. And we were able to reproduce it on his computer.
- Add a sighting or two and close the sightings window; this causes an update to the lifer bars, among other things.
- While that update is happening and before it completes, he does a backup, that actually completes before the lifer bar updates complete.
- This causes the RTE 3420, object invalid or no longer set.
Working on reproducing it on my dev machine and getting a fix for this.
All righty. Fixed in Build 37.
In 28 years this one has never happened. 😉
Good find Mike!
Sorry for delay, birding got in the way. 😊 Confirmed, thanks. Got to love edge cases.