Welcome to the Birder's Diary Forum for Support And General Questions
Use the Support forum for all questions or issues.
Use the Wish List forum to leave your ideas for improving Birder’s Diary.
[Solved] Font size in Sightings entry and reports
Hi Jeff. After downloading the update yesterday I have found that the text in the comments section of the sightings entry screen is huge! I though maybe that was intentional, and the reports would show it as normal size. However, my entries today stand out in the report as large compared with the older entries! I am referring to comments I have entered. All other fields such as name, location, etc are okay. Wayne
I updated to Build 30 and checked my View/Option setting. It is set at Comment Font Arial 14 and Grid Font Arial 10. It has been that for centuries.
I have not added or edited any sightings after update. As a test, I opened an old sighting and clicked to edit it. The comments field font is humongous.
I went to the View/Options/General window and saved my settings (Arial 14 and 10) to refresh the choices. Editing a sighting still gives me the humongous comments font.
I went to Reports and the test case has humongous font. Editing the comments did not fix the font after updating my font choices
. Unfortunately I overwrote build 30 over 29 so there is no going back.
Regards, Al Borodayko
I attempted to make the changes and was not successful so I'm sending my database. The one I played with was one of my American Dipper sightings.
Plain text was unchecked. I did not uncheck it. I checked it now and it works. The Arial 14 I assumed was there before build 30 because I did not change it. I reduced the comment font to Arial 9 and it looks like the size I used before. I also had to uncheck BOLD which somehow got changed. Anyhow, the silent changes threw me for a loop.
I have things back to normal so all is good.
Just by accident, I did a test on one of my sightings to verify that the settings are remembered. Accidentally, I picked one that had the text misaligned in the Report window. After the edit, I noticed the alignment was corrected.
This exercise produced a fix for an old nuisance problem that occurred with text alignment in the reports. If you recall, I had text that was not always aligned even though all the words were the same (See Before). So I tried again with the American Pika. I edited the first and last of the series and they aligned with the others (See After). In the Edit Sightings window all I did was (1) check the comments box and (2) clicked "Update" without changing any of the text in the comments.
Unfortunately each one has to be edited individually, but on a cold and rainy day when I have nothing to do, I will clean up those that don't align.
Put that in your pipe and smoke it, Al