Welcome to the Birder's Diary Forum for Support And General Questions
Use the Support forum for all questions or issues.
Use the Wish List forum to leave your ideas for improving Birder’s Diary.
Use the Community Sharing forum for sharing Photos, Trips, Stories, etc.
Setup your Forum photo and profile here.
[Solved] Life List Preview ends with Run time error 380
I added a column,scientific name, to existing report, number name, country date seen.
When I hit preview, I get Run time error 380, invalid property value.
Current version 6.0.17, windows 11.
Ooops! That's not supposed to happen.
There is only one way to resolve this. I will need for you to ZIP/compress your database file (C:\Birder's Diary\data\database.mdb) and then upload the Zip'd file to me using the Support | File Upload page on this site.
I need to see what it going on inside, so I need your database down here on my development machine to test and troubleshoot this.
Can you do that please? I will get notified when your file is uploaded.
Let me know if you need any assistance with these instructions.
I should be able to figure it out quickly once I have your DB on my system.
Zipped DB uploaded 11/22 3:27 PM EST
Got it. Will update you soon with what I find.
I am not able to reproduce the problem on my end, but I may not be trying what you are trying. When I opened the Report Designer, the Checklist Tab is selected and the following report showed (without SciName).
I added SciName to the report, and it ran Ok.
So, a couple things...
- Can you please tell me which Tab and report you are attempting to run which is producing this error? A screenshot would be great.
- But, before you do that, try this real quick...
- Close your Report Designer window
- On the Help menu... View | Options, Special TAB
- Click on the Upgrade DB button
- Let that complete.
- Open the Report Designer and try the report again.
- If this works, then skip #1 above.
Let me know on both please.
well I attempted to do the db upgrade, but got an error. See beow
The program crashed. When I restarted,it appeared the db update completed via the messages received at the bottom of the screen.
I attempted to preview my list lit report but it still errored again.
Thanks for your help.
I am concerned about the error when running the Upgrade DB feature. Exit, BD. Restart BD and try this again before opening any windows. Let me know.
I am able to reproduce the error you get with this report. It is getting late here, so let me look into this first thing tomorrow and I will update you.
Ok - couldn't put this down and go to sleep without looking at it.
The issue is that you have a column (click on the Output Columns button to see them all), in this case the Life Number column, which is too small.
Increase the width of that column.
- Shorten the Common Name column by dragging the right side to the left a bit. See picture below.
- Now click and drag the left edge of the Common Name column to the right, and the Life Number column will appear.
- Now you can run your report.
I will fix the code to check for this situation in a future release.
FYI - this problem is fixed in Build 19. Released sometime soon.
A programmer after my own heart, can't stop until the bug is squashed. 😀
The db upgrade error could not be reproduced.
Resizing the columns fixed the issue as expected.
Thank you for your continued excellent support and happy holidays.
Thanks for the kudos Mike. It means a lot to me that I am helping in every way possible.
Now that I think about it, the Upgrade DB feature is not meant to be run with any open windows; that is why you had the error in the first place (I could reproduce it) and why you didn't get it now.
Take care and Happy Holidays.