Welcome to the Birder's Diary Forum for Support And General Questions
Use the Support forum for all questions or issues.
Use the Wish List forum to leave your ideas for improving Birder’s Diary.
Use the Community Sharing forum for sharing Photos, Trips, Stories, etc.
Setup your Forum photo and profile here.
[Solved] Report Error
My reports list Need Better Photo in the output column. I removed it and the report opened without the UDF. Then I closed the report and opened another one. That report opened. I was shocked that the Need Better Photo UDF was in the second report. So I re-opened the first report and this time the report opened with the Need Better Photo UDF as part of the report output.
I then realized I didn't save "Changes" when I deleted the UDF so the reports reverted to the original saved format.
Now the reports open properly. Guess the program needed a kick in the butt to get it's attention.
Anyhow, thanks for the help. All is good. The why is a mystery but that's your baileywick.
UPDATE: Another customer had this same problem today with a Sightings report and a UDF column. The solution was the same. Remove and re-add the column and the problem went away.
If someone else experiences this and it is reproducible, I would love to get a copy of your database to test with. Please post here before you fix it.
Update: Not sure how it got into this state, but if you receive this error.
- Start BD again
- Open the Report Designer window to the report type that you were working with (e.g. Sightings, LifeList, etc)
- Click on the Output Columns button and the table is refreshed and the issue is correct.
- You can now close the Output Columns pane and produce the report.
I don't know if you intended to fix the problem with the sightings report that includes UDF columns in BD 5.2, but I downloaded and installed BD 5.2v6 today and got the same error message as before (JUL 22 post). I followed your instructions from the AUG 24 post and the reports are now OK and the problem does not recur.
Everything else I looked at so far is working.
This has been fixed in v5.2 Build 15; released 14 SEP 2020.