Welcome to the Birder's Diary Forum for Support And General Questions

Use the Support forum for all questions or issues.
Use the Wish List forum to leave your ideas for improving Birder’s Diary.

Run time error 3127

Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] Run time error 3127  

(@horvath85)

When using" Add thing to taxonomy List. After I put in the information and click add. I get a Run time error 3127 :The Insert Into statement contains the following inknown field name:

I believe that this is a Microsoft Access problem. Do you know how I can fix it. I have tried troubleshooting, and nothing has worked so far. The other suggestion is to reinstall the program, but would like to avoid using one to my 3 registrations on troubleshooting. Can you help me? When I try to access the access file it says it needs a password, which I believe birders diary creates. 

4 Replies
5 Replies
Admin
(@jeff)

@horvath85

Hi, and thanks for posting.

What version of BD are you using?

What taxonomic list are you attempting to add a new thing to?

Please give me all the details of every field you fill in on the Add Thing window or attach a screenshot.

I can also get onto your computer and look at this myself if you prefer. If so, please send email to support@birdersdiary.com to arrange this tomorrow/Wednesday.

This is probably not an Access problem. But something strange either with BD code or your particular database.

Reinstalling the program probably won't do a thing. And no problem using one of your 3 registrations anyway. I always re-up for anyone that needs it.

Let's start here please.

Jeff

p.s. If you respond, please be sure to click on the Add a comment button and not the Answer button. Thanks. 

(@horvath85)

Thats for your quick response.

I am using version 5.1

I have tried attempted to add new things to several lists arachnids, insects, plants

I maintain my own taxonomic lists. I previously used versons 3, and 4 without any problem.

birders diary snip
(@horvath85)

I am using a windows 10 computer

Admin
(@jeff)

@horvath85

Hi, Sorry for this issue and thanks for the additional information.

I am unable to reproduce this issue. I could get onto your computer and have a look; or perhaps if you just give me one example that causes this error, it will allow me to reproduce it. The taxonomic list should not matter, so please, just give me everything you enter, exactly, on your Add Thing window, every setting, and perhaps I can reproduce. 

Or, if you prefer, let me onto your computer and I can see it in action there. I am available today. Please send email to support@birdersdiary.com to set this up.

thanks,

Jeff

Admin
(@jeff)

@horvath85

[From @horvath85 via email]

Thank you for your help with my problem with Birders Diary. I was able to resolve the issue by using the repair program tool using the Ccleaner program. Ccleaner repaired the program automatically.

Share: