Cinnamon Hummingbird

Welcome to the Birder's Diary Forum for Support And General Questions

Use the Support forum for all questions or issues.
Use the Wish List forum to leave your ideas for improving Birder’s Diary.
Setup your Forum photo and profile here.

Run-time error 3346

Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] Run-time error 3346

18 Posts
2 Users
2 Likes
Topic starter
(@redwren)

I am using BD v5.2.49  When I try to create any type of report, I get a message saying Run-time error 3346.  The program then shuts down.

Some advice please, on resolving this.

Topic Tags
17 Replies
Jeff
 Jeff
Admin
(@jeff)
Creator & Technical Support

Hi RedWren,

Thanks for posting. 

I will need to get onto your computer to have a look at this. Will probably require me downloading a copy of your database to my development machine to see what is going on.

Can we schedule some time on Tuesday for me to get onto your computer?

Topic starter
(@redwren)

Sure, we can try.  I don’t know whether you have heard about Australia’s worst natural disaster.  1000Yr Floods over a 1000 km stretch of the east coast.  I’m in the worst affected area (Northeast NSW).  The local city has been wiped out and there are about 40k homeless, loads of roads and other infrastructure buggered and won’t be repaired for months, maybe years.  You can see where I am going with this!  Internet connectivity is really patchy and not fast when we actually have it, so we might have to be rather persistent to resolve this.  Best connectivity here is late evening from about 9PM onwards. I will make myself available when it suits you best-  not much else to do here as it is still raining. I’ll wait for instructions.  Best regards from Australia.

Jeff
 Jeff
Admin
(@jeff)

Hi,

So sorry to hear about this. Just terrible. Hang in there.

In that case, let's do this a different way.

Please ZIP/compress your database file (C:\Birder's Diary\data\database.mdb) and upload that ZIP file to me using the Support >> File Upload page on this site. 

Let me know. 

Jeff
 Jeff
Admin
(@jeff)

Update: Awaiting DB upload. Due to internet issues in Australia right now this is taking time. 

Topic starter
(@redwren)

Hope this works.  Rain rain rain still falling, and internet still patchy and slow.  For some reason, the zip version of this file will not upload, so i have just uploaded the database.  Hope that is okay.

Jeff
 Jeff
Admin
(@jeff)

Hi,

The problem with the ZIP file (and should have also occurred with the MDB file, but that did upload) is that you were attempting to attach it here to the forums. There is a page for File Uploads under the Support >> File Upload menu just for this sort of purpose.

But, it appears that I have your database this way also. 

I will get back to you after my analysis on this within 24 hours. 

Take care and stay safe.

Jeff
 Jeff
Admin
(@jeff)

Hi again,

Ok - downloaded your database to my development computer and opened it with v5.2.63 (the latest build available for v5.2, you mentioned above that you are running v5.2 build 49). It opened and ran without any problems.

So, let's try this right now. Please upgrade to the latest version of v5.2, available from the Downloads >> Birder's Diary Program page on this site; Build 63.

After that is finished, try starting BD again. And let me know.

If it fails, please give me the following info:

• Complete text of any/all error messages that occur
  • Tell me exactly where this is failing; if during startup of BD, include the last messages you see in the Splash screen. Just as accurate as you can be.
  • Upload a copy of your log file, should be C:\Birder's Diary\BD5263.log. If it won't attach to the forums, then ZIP and upload using the "Support >> File Upload" page on this site.

Let's start here. We will get to the bottom of this, we just have to go the roundabout way now.

(@redwren)

@jeff will do, but please be patient as the internet is still problematic, and the rain is increasing again.  It might take a few trys.

Topic starter
(@redwren)

So, I installed build 63 and tested the report function again.  The video shows exactly what happened.

Topic starter
(@redwren)

Here we go.

Topic starter
(@redwren)

Files don’t seem to be uploading.  So here is a description of the problem, as requested.

1. I downloaded, installed and ran build 63.
  2. I open the program from the desktop icon. There were no problems opening the program.
  3. I put the cursor over the report icon, clicked and was taken to the report page.
  4. In the drop-down section of the page “sightings” was highlighted. In the set up section The “checklist” tab was active.
  5. I moved the cursor over the sightings tab and clicked.
  6. The error message that appeared was: “Run-time error ‘3346’: Number of query values and destination fields are not the same.”
  7. I placed the cursor over the “okay”button in the error message box and clicked.
  8. The program shut down.
  9. I repeated this several times with the same result.

log file follows

Topic starter
(@redwren)

The log file requested will not upload. Neither here or on the uploads page.

Any suggestions?

Page 1 / 2
Share: