Welcome to the Birder's Diary Forum for Support And General Questions

Use the Support forum for all questions or issues.
Use the Wish List forum to leave your ideas for improving Birder’s Diary.

Run-time error 3560...

Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] Run-time error 35601, and Trips disappear

Topic starter
(@iasmit)

Been tidying up my lengthy list of trips by defining categories (e g a country) as parent, and setting that as parent to individual trips in that category. Working fine until today, when trying to define a new parent trip gave "Run-time error 35601" and BD shut down. On restarting and repeating the process, get message "This trip name is already in use. Please select another." So looks like the new trip has been created - but it is not in the "Trip Maintenance" listing. If I edit an existing trip with the new trip as parent, this is accepted but the existing (now child) trip also disappears from the listing!

How can I get the trip names back into the listing?

6 Replies
Admin
(@jeff)

Hi,

Thanks for posting. Hmmm. Haven't seen this one before.

If you 1) create a dummy trip, then 2) delete it and 3) close the Trip window, this should rebuild the trip list and hierarchy. Try that and let me know.

If it doesn't work, then I should get onto your computer and have a look at this.

Thanks,

Jeff

2 Replies
(@iasmit)

@jeff Thanks for your very quick response Jeff.

Tried your suggestion but unfortunately this has not resolved the problem. Let me know if/when you would like to get onto my computer.

Ian

Admin
(@jeff)

Posted by: @iasmit

@jeff Thanks for your very quick response Jeff.

Tried your suggestion but unfortunately this has not resolved the problem. Let me know if/when you would like to get onto my computer.

Ian

Hi Ian,

I am available for the next couple hours. Please send email to support@birdersdiary.com and let me know when you are available. I will reply with instructions.

Thanks.

Jeff

Admin
(@jeff)

Hi Ian,

I have your database. Thanks.

Can you please give me the details about the trouble-Trip in question? The one that doesn't show up.

Thanks.

Jeff

Topic starter
(@iasmit)

The newly created parent trip is "Australia", and the only trip for which this has been set as parent is "Queensland 07". Neither now appear in the "Trip Maintenance" listing, although both can be brought up in "View Sightings Setup".

Ian

Admin
(@jeff)

Fixed in v5.2.51 - available now!

Hi Ian,

A bug existed wherein very rare circumstances, you can assign a trip as the parent of itself. This creates the error and makes the trip inaccessible.

I have closed this situation such that the bug should never occur again.

In addition, I added code that checks for this situation in the existing list of Trips and corrects such trips; moving them to the root level, e.g. no parent.

Jeff

Share: