Welcome to the Birder's Diary Forum for Support And General Questions

Use the Support forum for all questions or issues.
Use the Wish List forum to leave your ideas for improving Birder’s Diary.

Runtime Error 3464

Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] Runtime Error 3464  

RSS

(@lecontes898)
September 13, 2020 2:16 pm  

Today I tried to launch Birders Diary.  The main window and the Tip of the Day comes up followed by the following error message:

Runtime Error 3464

Data type mismatch in criteria expression

When I click on the OK Button, Birders Diary shuts down.  I am running Version 5.1 Build 96.  I was planning to update to Version 5.2 in a couple of weeks but am reluctant to try with this problem present.

Can you help

This topic was modified 4 days ago by Jeff Jones

ReplyQuote
(@jeff)
Member Admin
September 13, 2020 3:37 pm  

Hi,

And thanks for posting. I don't remember seeing this error before. Interesting.

First thing you should do is upgrade to v5.1 Build 102 by going to the Downloads >> Program page on this site, and scroll down until you see the v5.1 download. Download and run that installer. After complete, please run v5.1, confirm you are at build 102 and see if the problem persists.

If it persists, I will want to get onto your computer and have a look. 

Please post back here with the results. I am sure we can get you up and running.

Jeff

ReplyQuote
(@lecontes898)
September 14, 2020 7:18 pm  

Jeff,

I downloaded V5.1 Build 102 as you asked.  After it converts the database and the main BD Window comes up there is some activity at the bottom of the window but it stops about 60% of the way through with "Refresh Counts" and the 3464 Runtime Error window is displayed.

Just to let you know, birding here is pretty slow so right now so I don't have a lot of entries to make.

So let me know what you want me to do next. 

Paul

ReplyQuote
(@jeff)
Member Admin
September 14, 2020 8:30 pm  

Hi Paul,

I should get onto your computer to take a look at this and get you running.

Please send email to Support@BirdersDiary.com to setup a time for this.

Thanks,

Jeff

ReplyQuote
(@jeff)
Member Admin
September 17, 2020 12:47 pm  

Update: Got onto Paul's system today and resolved the problem

BD didn't like some setting for the new eBird Search Window.

It was set to come up on Startup. I could determine that the problem was when trying to show this window by examining the Log File "BD51102.log" and seeing that it stopped logging after showing this window.

I know that when this happens, it has trouble setting values based on saved values from last use of this window. These values are stored in the Registry here: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Birders Diary\Settings

By deleting all keys that start with frmEbirdSearch and then restarting BD, everything worked. 

I've seen this before once or twice. Never sure which value is causing the problem, so deleting all just resets the window. No harm done.

Jeff

ReplyQuote
Share: