Cinnamon Hummingbird

Welcome to the Birder's Diary Forum for Support And General Questions

Use the Support forum for all questions or issues.
Use the Wish List forum to leave your ideas for improving Birder’s Diary.
Use the Community Sharing forum for sharing Photos, Trips, Stories, etc.
Setup your Forum photo and profile here.

Unable to "Get the ...
 
Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] Unable to "Get the Latest Checklist Data for this Location"

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
103 Views
Posts: 19
Topic starter
(@davidjbarton)
Eminent Member
Joined: 3 years ago

Let's say I'd like to generate a report of bird species in Parana, Brazil, indicating those which I've seen somewhere in the world and those that are potential lifers.  There's no built-in checklist of the birds of Parana, but it's my understanding that BD allows one to compare and update BD's checklist data with any checklist I can find online.  So, under Reports, I use the tab "Checklist."  I then enter "Parana" as a location and, under "Highlight Things Which Would Be a First Sighting for", I tick the box "World (Lifer)."  I also tick the box "Check Off Things Seen."  In order to create data for the location, I click on "Get the Latest Data for this Location" and go through the procedure:  I find an online checklist of the birds of Parana and I make sure that it matches the taxonomy that I've ticked on the Checklist tab.  Then I use Control-C to copy the online list so that it is held in the Windows buffer.  But when I click on "Update Birder's Diary Checklist Data from Copy Buffer," the "Analyze Checklist Import Data" window shows 0 records to be added or to be deleted. and the "Continue Import" button is inactive.  What am I doing wrong? 

Reply
5 Replies
(@davidjbarton)
Joined: 3 years ago

Eminent Member
Posts: 19

Hi, Jeff--Thanks for the rapid response (as usual).  I was running v6.1 (Build 15).

Reply
Jeff
Posts: 976
 Jeff
Admin
(@jeff)
Creator & Technical Support
Joined: 4 years ago

Hi David,

Thanks for posting and for including the details.

Another user ran into this on 25-Feb.

What version of BD are you running? This should be fixed in the latest build of v6.1. But it hasn't been tested fully yet, because I cannot get the problem to occur on any of my machines.

Please see this post in the forums for a complete explanation and workaround.

If you are not running v6.1 Build 12 or later, and are able to, please upgrade to that and let me know if this resolves the problem.

I look forward to hearing back from you on this.

Take care. 

Reply
Jeff
Posts: 976
 Jeff
Admin
(@jeff)
Creator & Technical Support
Joined: 4 years ago

Hi David,

Thanks for confirming your version of BD.

Did you read the other post? Were you able to confirm via the method in that post that your copy buffer had the data?

Did you try the workaround?

Reply
(@davidjbarton)
Joined: 3 years ago

Eminent Member
Posts: 19

@jeff Hi, Jeff!  Yes, I read the earlier post, and yes, using the method described in that post I confirmed that my copy buffer had the data, and I was able to use the workaround successfully.  (Oddly, a few of the species names were jumbled up in the first import, but then cleared up on a second attempt.)

Reply
Jeff
Posts: 976
 Jeff
Admin
(@jeff)
Creator & Technical Support
Joined: 4 years ago

Thanks for the info David. So strange that this issue is affecting only a couple users and I can't get it to fail on any of my 3 machines.

I will continue to investigate this. In the meantime, I will close this issue, but please update here if you find more info.

Reply
Share: