Cinnamon Hummingbird

Welcome to the Birder's Diary Forum for Support And General Questions

Use the Support forum for all questions or issues.
Use the Wish List forum to leave your ideas for improving Birder’s Diary.
Setup your Forum photo and profile here.

Upgrade to Clements...

Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] Upgrade to Clements 2021 - Life list now at Zero

Topic starter
(@stevefirth)

I have purchased the upgrade to Clements 2021. Admittedly, I probably did not pay sufficient attention to the download and the process thereafter, although I did right click and log in as Administrator and I thought that I'd read what I needed to read prior to activating the licence.

After waiting for the new Taxonomic list to downlaod there was a brief error message (sorry, I did not write this down). I thought that I'd start from the beginning and went through the process again, there was no error message this time, but I wrongly did not download/Upgrade the checklists, couldn't figure out how to "go back" to this stage, so tried to start again, but, understandably was told that I'd activated my licence more than was allowed.

Therefore I continued through the process and was surprised that there was only one sighting to reconcile, which I did.

At the bottom left of desktop version of BD it has changed from:

WORLD = 3800  7848  14839

to

WORLD =  0  7851  14845

My partner's life list is also now showing as zero.

I am running V5.0 Build 35.

I have a back up of BD prior to making the changes made today.

Would greatly appreciate you pointing me in the right direction......

8 Replies
Jeff
 Jeff
Admin
(@jeff)
Creator & Technical Support

Hi Steve,

Thanks for posting.

So, it appears that your Lifer Counts at the bottom of the main BD window are correct except for World? Is that correct?

And it does sound as if you got Clements 2021 imported finally and that is all good.

So, you want to edit your observers and make sure the World Count is using your latest Clements 2021 tax list as its reference.

1. Features | Observers
  2. Select an Observer and click the Edit button
  3. Now, make sure the All of your counts reference Clements 2021.
  4. Repeat for your other observers.

Let me know if I missed anything or if something else comes up.

Topic starter
(@stevefirth)

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for the quick reply.

I have edited both the Observers on our BD as you have outlined.

Unfortunately, this does not appear to have made a difference. I have closed and re-opened BD in case that helped, but no luck I'm afraid. 

Do you have any other suggestions, please?

While I remember, after this issue is resolved, perhaps you could let me know how to check whether or not the checklists have been updated (doubtful as I clicked on no by mistake) and if they have not been updated how to update them.

Cheers,

Steve

Jeff
 Jeff
Admin
(@jeff)

Hi Steve,

How about I get on the phone with you and we get on your computer together and take a look at this.

Please send me an email to Jeff@BirdersDiary.com and include a phone number that I can call you at.

We will get this working in short order.

Topic starter
(@stevefirth)

Hi Jeff,

Thank you so much for your help.

I forgot to ask about how to check whether or not the checklists have been updated (doubtful as I clicked on no by mistake) and if they have not been updated how to update them.

Steve

Jeff
 Jeff
Admin
(@jeff)

Posted by: @stevefirth

I forgot to ask about how to check whether or not the checklists have been updated (doubtful as I clicked on no by mistake) and if they have not been updated how to update them.

Are you referring to importing the new taxonomy, and on step #2 it imports the updated Checklist data (the data that ties Things to Locations in BD)?

If so, 

1. File | Import/Export...
  2. Checklist Tab
  3. Make sure all the settings match below
  4. Click Import and choose  C:\Birder's Diary\Taxonomy Downloads\Birds-Clements-2021-Checklist.csv
  5. Let it run to completion.

That will do it.

But let me know if I misunderstood the question.

(@stevefirth)

@jeff 

Hi Jeff,

Followed your instructions.

When I clicked onto import and then clicked onto C:\Birder's Diary\Taxonomy Downloads\Birds-Clements-2021-Checklist.csv             a pop up box appeared saying:

"Try another file!

This file is not recognised as a Birder's Diary Import file for (Locations)."

I had to click on the OK on this pop up box to get rid of it and it started running anyway and above the moving blue bar it says: "Importing into temp table".

I'll leave it run until completion.

Is there a way of confirming/checking that I now have Checlists from Clements 2021?

Cheers,

Steve

Jeff
 Jeff
Admin
(@jeff)

Update: Got onto Steve's computer and it turns out that his Location Performance table was stale or corrupted. 

This is easily corrected...

1. View | Options
  2. More Tab
  3. Rebuild button

and all of his numbers are back and things are corrected.

Thanks for working with me on this Steve.

Jeff
 Jeff
Admin
(@jeff)

Followed your instructions.

When I clicked onto import and then clicked onto C:\Birder's Diary\Taxonomy Downloads\Birds-Clements-2021-Checklist.csv             a pop up box appeared saying:

"Try another file!

This file is not recognised as a Birder's Diary Import file for (Locations)."

I had to click on the OK on this pop up box to get rid of it and it started running anyway and above the moving blue bar it says: "Importing into temp table".

I'll leave it run until completion.

Is there a way of confirming/checking that I now have Checlists from Clements 2021?

Ok - the error indicates that your BDLocationsUpdate.csv file might be corrupt. Interesting. But, the process is continuing correctly to update your checklist data.

Umm... Not really. Just a successful run of a) importing into temp file b) adding new checklist records, followed by c) removing checklist records.

That will do it.

Share: