Welcome to the Birder's Diary Forum for Support And General Questions
Use the Support forum for all questions or issues.
Use the Wish List forum to leave your ideas for improving Birder’s Diary.
Use the Community Sharing forum for sharing Photos, Trips, Stories, etc.
Setup your Forum photo and profile here.
[Solved] V6 - Cannot select or activate taxonomy list
I have installed v6.0 build 8.
When I try to run a report with Clements 2021 it says that the taxonomy list is not installed.
If I try to activate it the tax list does not appear. Only the v6.0 user and the very old tax lists are there.
If I go to View Sightings the tax lists are shown but only those before 2004 can be selected.
Sorry if this question has been addressed already but I am not seeing it in the recent postings.
Thanks for posting.
Hmmm. Can I get onto your computer to have a look?
Send me an email when you get this and you are ready. Support@BirdersDiary.com.
Just got onto Randy's computer. Not sure why this happened. I expected to find a corrupt license file, or something like that. But this was not the case. I could activate Clements 2021, stop and restart BD, and the activation stayed in place. So no problem there.
I had Randy log into the Online Store to get his License info from this page. So now he can reactivate any lists that he uses and were deactivated.
Let me know if you see any other issues Randy.
I have a similar problem...but worse! I have a current Annual Everything License and am running BD 6.0 Build 17. I downloaded and ran Clements 2022 taxonomic list and was prompted to activate license. I shouldn't have been getting prompted since I have the EVERYTHING, but I was so I input the License ID and Password for BD 6.0. It let me move on, so I reconciled all my sightings. That was yesterday.
Today, I went to run a lifelist report for the world using Clements 2022 taxonomy, and got an error message saying that the license isn't activated (see screenshot). So I stupidly restored an older version of my database, which predated the importation of the tax list. Unfortunately, that just demonstrated that there were several other tax lists no longer activated that I hadn't noticed previously. So, I restored the most recent database backup that I had. Nope, no help. Furthermore, Clements 2022 was no longer showing, so I was forced to download a fresh copy, run it, and begin the auto-import process. So I get another prompt to activate the license. Oops...I'm out of activations (see screenshot)
. So I'm sitting here in midstream on an auto import with no means of stopping the process, and little hope that it will ever work properly. HELP!!!!
Just got onto Neill's computer. I needed to reset his Annual Everything License and then activate it, and all is well now.
Note to Neill and others, if you find yourself in this situation or any issue at all, get me involved first before jumping through a lot of hoops. I should be able to save you time.