Editing a Sighting
Scenario: While reviewing your recent Colorado sightings records, you realized that you had put down the wrong location for some. You really saw the 4 Blue Jays in Wyoming. You should stop drinking so heavily while birding.
- You should have left the View & Edit Sightings window open from the last topic. If not, open it with the settings specified in the last topic.
- Select the Blue Jay Sighting row in the grid by clicking anywhere in that row.
For Pro tips on how to select single and multiple rows on a grid in Windows, see this topic.
- Click the Edit Selected Row(s) button in the toolbar of this window.
- This will open the Edit Sightings window.
- Check the checkbox to the left of the Location label.
- TAB to the Location field and type ‘Wyoming’ into the location dropdown.
- Click the Update Button
Congratulations, you have now change the location of your Blue Jay Sighting from Colorado to Wyoming.